2nd Kisan Rail between Anantapur and New Delhi flagged off
- South India’s 1st Kisan Rail.
- The horticultural produce of Andhra Pradesh will now be able to reach other areas in the country easily.
- On 7th August, the first Kisan Rail was flagged off between Devlali in Maharashtra and Danapur in Bihar.
- The rake is loaded with 14 parcel vans totaling 332 tonnes.
- The inaugural Kisan Rail is loaded with tomato, bananas, sweet orange, papaya, muskmelons, and mangoes.
- It will take less time and cost in comparison of road transport ensuring less damage to the farm produce while transportation.