Aadhar Micro ATM will perform basic financial process using aadhar and fingerprint without use of ATM card and PIN. Aadhaar is a 12-digit number issued by UIDAI.
- Aadhaar micro ATMs are like modified POS (Point of sales) device.
- It allow customers to perform basic financial transactions using only their Aadhaar number and their fingerprint as identity proof.
- The payments done by Aadhaar micro ATMs are authorized by banks. authentication is done by UIDAI via biometric database.
- Aadhaar micro ATMs is enable card less and PIN-less banking.
- Bank representatives carry these machines to provide banking services at doorsteps.
- No service charges for transaction by Aadhaar micro ATMs.
- The cash-in / cash-out functions of the micro ATMs are done by an operator.
- It financial transactions like cash deposit, cash withdrawal, funds transfer and balance inquiry for bank account.
- These are suitable for Indian remote and rural areas where reach of ATMs are rare.