- A memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed by CSIR-CFTRI with APEDA to set up a Liaison Office in Guwahati, Assam to provide technical support to the food industries in the North East region.
- It will benefit the farmers, producers and entrepreneurs.
- APEDA (Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority ) has undertaken many promotional activities recently to bring the North East states of India on to the export map.
- In 2019 five international buyer seller meets were organised by APEDA in Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim to showcase the potential of agriculture/ horticulture and processed food products including organic produce to open the export window from the North Eastern States.
- Central Food Technological Research Institute, CSIR−CFTRI, Mysuru, (a constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi) is a pioneering Institute working in the area of Food Science and Technology and Human Resource Development started during 1950.
- Over the years, it has brought out many innovative products and processes into the market .
- Some of these efforts include the development of infant foods products, instant ready-mixes, parboiling of paddy, cultivation of spirulina, health and wellness food products.
Tuesday, August 04, 2020