Aspirational District Program
- The ‘Transformation of Aspirational Districts’ Programme aims to
improve the socio-economic status of 115 districts from across 28 states.
- NITI Aayog anchors the programme with support from Central Ministries and the State Governments.
- While NITI Aayog is steering the initiative in 30 districts, various central ministries oversee 50 districts and 35 (LWE) by Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The programme focusses on 5 main themes – Health & Nutrition, Education,
Agriculture & Water Resources, Financial Inclusion & Skill Development, and Basic
The broad contours of the programme are
- Convergence (of Central & State Schemes),
- Collaboration (of Central, State level ‘Prabhari’ Officers & District Collectors),
- Competition among districts driven by a spirit of mass Movement.