- One bamboo plant gets ready for harvesting in the third year.
- Each matured log of bamboo, weighing approximately 25 kg, sells at an average of Rs 5 per kg.
- At this rate, one mature log of bamboo fetches nearly Rs 125.
- The bamboo plant has a unique quality. Each bamboo plant, after the third year, produces a minimum of 5 logs, and thereafter, the production of bamboo logs doubles every year.
- This means, the 500 bamboo saplings will provide at least 2500 bamboo logs in the third year and will generate an income of nearly Rs 3.25 lakh.