bee boxes distributed in Western UP
- 700 bee boxes to 70 migrant workers of Saharanpur and Bulandshahr districts of Uttar Pradesh and thus providing them with livelihood opportunity under Honey Mission of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
- It is a step towards “Aatmanirbhar Bharat”
- the Honey Mission launched by KVIC 3 years ago aims at creating employment for farmers, Adivasis, women, and unemployed youth by roping them with beekeeping and increasing India’s honey production.
- So far, KVIC has distributed 1.35 lakh bee boxes.
- This has benefited 13,500 people across the country while producing nearly 8500 MT honey.