BPSC MAINS 56-59th CCE ( 2016)
PAPER-I GENERAL STUDIES
Total marks: 200 , Time- 3 Hours
Instruction : Total 8 questions to be answered ( three each from section -I & II and two from section-III)
Section-I : History
- Bring out the salient features of the Patna Kalam Paintings.
- Discuss the main causes of the Santhal Uprising. What were its consequences?
- Critically examine the significance of the Revolt of 1857 with special reference to Bihar.
- What was the significance of Champaran Satyagraha for Peasant Uprisings?
- Define Nationalism. How was it addressed by Rabindranath Tagore?
- Discuss the relevance of Nehru in the making of modern India.
Section-II: Current Affairs
7. What do you understand by Climate change? What reasons are attributed to climate change? What mission have been constituted under National Action Plan on Climate change formulated by Government of India? What steps have been taken in this regard by Bihar Government? Discuss.
8. In the absence of well educated and organised local government system, Panchayat ans Samities have remained mainly political institutions and are not effective instrument of Governance. Critically discuss.
9. Public health system has limitations in providing universal health coverage. DO you that private sector can help in bridging the gap ? What other viable alternative do you suggest?
10. Terrorism activities and mutual distrust have clouded India- Pakistan relations. To what extent the use of soft power like sports and cultural exchange cloud help to generate goodwill between the two countries? Discuss with suitable examples.
Section-III : Statistics