- Indian Prime Minister inaugurates 13th Conference of Parties on Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Animals at Gandhinagar, Gujrat on 17th feb 2020.
- India doubled the tiger population two years before the deadline.
- India to launch Marine Turtle Policy and Marine Standing Management Policy to address pollution caused by micro plastics.
- WIth 2.4% of the world’s land area, India contributes about 8% of the known global biodiversity.
- Increase in India’s forest cover, which currently stands at 21.67% of the total geographical area of the country.
- “India has achieved its target of doubling the number of tigers from 1411 in 2010 to 2967, two years before the committed date of 2022,”
- Logo for CMS COP 13 is inspired by the traditional ‘KOLAM’ from southern India, which has a profound significance in the context of living in harmony with nature.
Tuesday, July 07, 2020