- Conservation agriculture (CA) technologies involve minimum soil disturbance, permanent soil cover through crop residues or cover crops, and crop rotations for achieving higher productivity.
The main features of Conservation agriculture (CA) are;
- Least interference with natural processes,
- No-till or drastically reduced tillage,
- Low wind, and soil erosion,
- Surface retention of residues (permanently covered),
- the Infiltration rate of water is high,
- Use of in-situ organics/composts, Brown manuring/cover crops (surface retention),
- Diversified and more efficient rotations, etc.