Decarbonising Transport in India
- to develop a pathway towards a low-carbon transport system for India.
- NITI Aayog in collaboration with International Transport Forum (ITF)
- India has been a member of ITF, an intergovernmental organisation for transport policy, since 2008.
- The “Decarbonising Transport in India” project will design a tailor-made transport emissions assessment framework for India. It will provide the government with a detailed understanding of current and future transport activity and the related CO2 emissions as a basis for their decision-making.
- It is part of the Decarbonising Transport in Emerging Economies DTEE family of projects.
- India, Argentina, Azerbaijan, and Morocco are current participants.