- Union cabinet has approved completed e-cigarettes ban with punishment of one year Jail Term. Main reason for ban is posed health risk to people, especially the youth.
- Production, manufacturing, import/export, transport, sale, distribution, storage and advertising related to e-cigarettes would be banned.
- Ordinance will be passed in this regard.
- The offence will be punishable with a jail term of up to one year or a fine up to ₹1 lakh or both for the first-time offenders, and jail of up to three years and fine up to ₹5 lakh for repeat offenders.
- Storage of e-cigarettes shall also be punishable with imprisonment of up to six months or fine up to ₹50,000 or both.
Tuesday, July 07, 2020