Ministry of Power has issued a guideline regarding Electric Vehicle charging on 14 Dec 2018 :
- To ensure faster adaption of electric vehicle , ensuring affordable charging infrastructure
- Affordable tariff for charging
- Proactively support for creation of EV charging station and eventually create market
In order to promote following facilities will be provided:
- EV charging system at residents or offices will be permitted and DISCOMs to facilitate it.
- Public charging station shall be de-licensed.
- Charging station may get licence directly thru generating stations.
- Location: At least one charging station shall be available in the grid of 3km x 3km grid.
- CEA will create and maintain national database.
- Tariff- will be same as domestic for domestic charging. Tariff to public charging station shall not be more that 15 % of the average tariff.
- Implementation- In phase-I ( 1-3 years) in the mega cities with population 4 million. In Phase-II( 3-5 years) in the state capitals.