ELISA Test : Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay is also called ELISA or EIA (Enzyme Immunosorbent Assay)
ELISA test may be used to diagnose
- HIV causing AIDS
- Zika Virus
- Syphilis caused by bacteria
- Pernicious anemia
- Immunosorbent means- relating to or denoting techniques making use of the absorption of antibodies by insoluble preparations of antigens
- This test can be used to determine if you have antibodiesrelated to certain infectious condition.
- Antibodies are protein that your body produce in response to harmful substance called antigens.
- Doctor may suggest this test if any one have signs of the above diseases.
- HOW is the Test performed- Blood sample collected from veins,
- Blood sample will be added to petri dish containing specific antigen related to the condition for which you are tested.
- If your body contain antibody to antigen , then two will bind together.
- It can be identified by adding enzyme , that how blood and antigen react. Contains of the dish change color. How much change the enzyme causes will determine the amount of antibodies.