ERSS : Emergency Response Support System
- It was launched for women safety on 19-feb 2019 by
- Union Home Minister,Shri Rajnath Singh and
- Minister for Women and Child Development, Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi.
- Launched in 16 state/UTs and Mumbai. Peoples from these State/UTs can dial Single pan India number 112 for any emergency.
- ERSS is already functioning in Himachal Pradesh and Nagaland.
- Union Govt has assigned 321 Cr for ERSS as part of Nirbhaya Scheme.
- Single Emergency number 112 will connect to fire, Police, Health an other emergency services of the state.
- 76 crores has been sanctioned from Nirbahya Fund to develop infra for DNA test in the six places with the establishment of Forensic Science Laboratories. These places will be Tamil Nadu (Chennai and Madurai), Uttar Pradesh (Lucknow and Agra), West Bengal (Kolkata) and Maharashtra ( Mumbai).