• Uneven nutrient distribution occurs when the irrigation system is faulty. It leads to over
fertilization or leaching of nutrients when excess water is applied to crops.
• Chemical reactions of fertilizer with calcium and magnesium, bicarbonates in water,
which can lead to chemical clogging.
• Suitable for readily soluble or liquid fertilizers. Phosphatic fertilizer and some
micronutrients may precipitate in the micro-irrigation system.
• Corrosion-resistant fertigation equipment is needed.
• Potential chemical backflow into the water supply source.