FPO( Farmer’s Producer Organization)
- It is a type of Producer organization that consists mainly of small and marginal farmers.
- Farmers who are producers of agriculture products, can form groups and register themselves under the Indian Companies Act.
- It is aimed at engaging the farmer companies to procure agricultural products and sell them.
- Also for the improved access of producers to technology, inputs, and markets.
- These can be created at State, cluster, and village levels.
- There are around 6000 FPOs existing in the country.