- GeM Samvad is national outreach Programme, launched on 17th December 2019 to reach out to stakeholders across the country and also local sellers.
- to facilitate on-boarding of local sellers on the marketplace while catering to specific requirements and procurement needs of buyers.
- the programme began from 19th December 2019.
- during the launch week the States of Karnataka, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh are being covered.
- The outreach programme will be on till 17th February 2020 and will cover all the States and UTs.
- Through GeM Samvaad the marketplace is looking forward to receiving feedback from users which shall be used for making improvements and advancements in the system.
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) is the national public procurement portal offering end to end solutions for all procurement needs of Central and State Government Departments, PSUs, autonomous institutions and local bodies.
- Since its commencement on 9th August 2016, GeM has transformed public procurement in the country by leveraging technology and making procurement contactless, paperless, and cashless.
- GeM has more than 15 lakh products and around 20,000 services, more than 3 lakh registered sellers and service providers and more than 40,000 Government buyer organizations
Tuesday, June 02, 2020