- GHI is a tool that measures and track hunger globally.
- India’s ranking in the Global Hunger Index (GHI) 2019 brought out by Concern World Wide is 102.
- India’s ranking in the Global Hunger Index (GHI) 2018 was 103.
- As per GHI Report 2019 of Concern World Wide, the composite GHI scores of India have improved from 38.8 in 2000 to 30.3 in 2019.
- The Government of India accords high priority to the issue of hunger and has been providing foodgrains at highly subsidized prices to the targeted population through State Governments/Union Territory Administrations under National Food Security Act (NFSA), 2013 and Other Welfare Schemes (OWS).
Sunday, September 20, 2020