- Health Index 2019 released by NITI Aayog. First position is Kerala , Chandigarh & Mizoram and Bottom list is UP, Daman & Diu and Nagaland under three category.
- Health Index 2019 released by NITI Aayog on 25th June 2019. Report published name is ” HEALTHY STATES PROGRESSIVE INDIA”. It is report on the rank of States and Union Territories.
- Kerala, Andhra Pradesh & Maharashtra ranked on top in terms of overall performance
Haryana, Rajasthan and Jharkhand ranked top three States in terms of annual incremental performance.
- Total 23 indicators. Key indicators for ranking is Neonatal Mortality Rate (NMR), Under-five Mortality Rate (U5MR), Proportion Low Birth Weight among New-borns, Proportion of districts with functional Cardiac Care Units (CCUs), Proportion of ANCs registered within first trimester, Proportion of CHCs/PHCs with Quality Accreditation Certificates, full immunization coverage, institutional deliveries, Proportion of Specialist positions vacant at District Hospitals etc.
- NITI Aayog in collaboration with the World Bank and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) started a journey in 2017 to develop the first comprehensive State Health Index.
- The second edition of this exercise was conducted over a period of eight months in 2018-19.
- The Health Index does not capture other related dimensions, such as non- communicable diseases, infectious diseases and mental health.
- Ranking of 2019
- Larger States: 1. Kerala, 2. Andhra Pradesh, 3. Maharashtra 19. Odisha, 20. Bihar, 21.UP
- Smaller States: 1. Mizoram , 2 Manipur, 8. nagaland ( last)
- UTs: 1. Chandigarh , 2. Dadar & Nagar haweli 7. Daman & Die ( last)
- Three category of States & UTs
Larger States 21 Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal Smaller states 8 Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura UT 7 Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Delhi, Lakshadweep, Puducherry