- Jammu and Kashmir – Abrogation of Article 370 and 35A; The Jammu and Kashmir (Reorganisation) Act, 2019; The Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Act, 2019
- National Investigation Agency (Amendment) Act, 2019
- Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Amendment Act, 2019
- Special Protection Group (Amendment) Bill, 2019 – aims to increase the operational efficiency of SPG in ensuring the security of the Prime Minister of India.
- Citizenship (Amendment) Bill 2019 – focus on granting Indian Citizenship to persons belonging to Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi and Christian communities on the ground of religious persecution in Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh. Marathon deliberations held by Union Home Minister with various stakeholders from the North East and their concerns against the CAB 2019 addressed in the final Amendment Act.
- Arms (Amendment) Bill, 2019 – enhances the punishment for existing offenses like illegal manufacture, sale, transfer and illegal acquiring, possessing or carrying prohibited arms or prohibited ammunition; illicit trafficking of firearms; celebratory gunfire endangering human life. Arms licenses to be issued for 5 years in electronic form, which would prevent forgery. The Amendment would reduce possession of illegal firearms and commission of criminal offenses by limiting 2 licenses per person. Ownership of arms by retired and serving personnel of armed forces and sportspersons remains unaffected by the Amendment. Further, Ancestral guns may be retained in a Deactivated State.
- Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Bill, 2019 – to make the constitution of NHRC and SHRCs broader and more inclusive.
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (Merger of Union Territories) Bill, 2019 – Administrative efficiency, better service delivery and effective implementation of Central and State Government Schemes to be the focus.
Tuesday, June 02, 2020