- Increase in MSP ( Minimum Support Price ) for Kharif and Rabi crops of 2019-20 season.
- Including Paddy, wheat, pulses, and oilseeds on the line of fixing the MSP at a level of 1.5 times of the cost of production as announced in Union Budget 2018-19.
- The government fixes MSPs of 22 mandated crops including wheat, pulses, and oilseeds on the basis of recommendations of the Commission for Agricultural Costs & Prices (CACP). In addition, MSP for Toria and De-Husked coconut is also fixed on the basis of MSPs of Rapeseed & Mustard and Copra respectively.
- National Commission on Farmers (NCF) headed by Dr. M.S. Swaminathan had recommended that the MSP should be at least 50 percent more than the weighted average cost of production.
- Increase in MSP for all mandated Kharif, Rabi and other commercial crops with a return of at least 50 percent of all India weighted average cost of production for the agricultural year 2018-19 and 2019-20.
Sunday, September 20, 2020