- INS Airavat arrived at the port of Antsiranana (Madagascar) on 30 Jan 20 to undertake relief operations after floods from heavy rains have led to a crisis in the region.
- The relief operations to be undertaken by INS Airavat will be the first by a foreign nation after heavy rains lashed Madagascar and inundated the low lying farmlands leading to massive loss of life and property.
- INS Airavat immediately began to provide medical aid as required by local authorities and IN medical team were moved to the affected areas.
- IN Ship on Mission Based Deployment carry relief material in the form of HADR bricks.
- The relief material will be handed over to the Government of Madagascar.
Wednesday, June 03, 2020