- Insect traps are used as a very effective method of reducing the insect population.
- Insects are trapped and killed without harming the ecology of an area and irrespective of how crops are raised.
- food, visual lures, chemical attractants, and pheromones are used as bait.
- they do not injure other animals or humans or result in residues in foods or feeds. Visual lures use light, bright colors, and shapes to attract insects.
- Chemical attractants or pheromones may attract only specific sex.
- Insect trap types