Integrated Food Processing Units at Rangpo, Sikkim
- IFFCO’s Organic Joint Venture, SIFCO (Sikkim IFFCO Organics Ltd.) has started its construction work at Rangpo, Sikkim.
- The two Integrated Food Processing Units are being laid with a total construction cost of around Rs 50 Crores.
- It will give a boost to organic farming in Sikkim.
- SIFCO will soon start trading fresh Ginger through its agencies in Germany, Italy, and other European countries. The entire range of SIFCO products will be 100% organic certified.
- Sikkim is already recognized as a 100% organic state.
- The aim of the JV is to provide a safer food supply chain to the consumers in India and elsewhere in the world.
- The JV will be initially processing ginger, turmeric, large cardamom, and buckwheat. These crops are the major products of Sikkim state with huge export potential.