Classical Swine Fever (CSF) cell culture vaccine (Indigenous strain)
- Live attenuated Classical Swine Fever Vaccine (IVRI-CSF-BS) Technology, developed by ICAR -Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Izatnagar.
- CSF is one of the most important diseases of pigs causing high mortality with annual loss of approx. Rs.4.299 billion.
- A lapinized CSF vaccine (Weybridge strain, UK) is being used in India since 1964 for controlling the disease.
- The vaccine is produced by sacrificing large numbers of rabbits for each batch.
- Due to very high titre of vaccine virus, this vaccine would be the most economical CSF vaccine
- the new vaccine gives immunity for two years as compared to 3 to 6 months protection under the vaccines currently being used
- The vaccine is safe, potent, does not revert to virulence