- Kisan Rail programme is proposed in the union budget 2020.
- Railway would set up kisan rail through public private partnership(PPP).
- To build a seamless national cold supply chain for perishables (milk, meat, fish, etc.)
- Refrigerated coaches would be built in express and freight trains as well.
- 9 refrigerated vans are in use and their capacity is 17 tonnes.
- developed, and procured through Rail Coach Factory Kapurthala.
- 98 Reefer( Ventilated Insulated) Containers (Carrying capacity 12 Tonnes per container, rake composition 80 containers) have been procured, through CONCOR, for movement of fruits and vegetables to different parts of the country.
Sunday, September 20, 2020