KVIC Distributes 1000 Bee Boxes in Arunachal Pradesh
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has been continuously working to empower the farmers of North East region to help them earn an additional income through various schemes .
- KVIC distributed 1000 bee boxes to 100 farmers in Arunachal Pradesh.
- High altitude honey is rich in antioxidants and hence can be sold at a premium price.
- Not only honey, but products such as pollen, propolis, royal jelly, and bee venom are also marketable and can greatly help the farmers who otherwise migrate to cities for menial labor.
- As per a recent report, India has a potential of about 200 million bee colonies as against 3.4 million bee colonies today.
- It is quite noticeable that KVIC has distributed around 30,000 bee boxes in the North East alone since 2017
- For the first time since 1960’s KVIC has also registered 2 new Khadi Institutions-Youth for Social Welfare, Tawang and Rural Development Society, Papum Pare for promotion of Khadi Artisans in the region.