KVIC starts reiving the ancient glory of Pokhran potteries.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) distributed 80 electric potter wheels to 80 potter families in Pokhran which has a rich heritage in terracotta products.
- Pokhran, a small town in Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan where India conducted its 1st nuclear test.
- All 80 potters who were given 15 days training by KVIC came up with some exquisite pottery.
- The products ranged from Kulhar to decorative pieces like flower vase, sculptures and interesting traditional utensils like spherical bottles with narrow mouth, Lotas with long spouts, and other spherical utensils used for cooking as well as decorative pieces.
- 400 railway stations selling eatables only in earthen/terracotta pots include Jaisalmer and Barmer, the two major railheads in Rajasthan that are closest to Pokhran.