- The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) has sanctioned 39 Mega Food Parks and 298 Integrated Cold Chain Projects throughout the country.
- The MoFPI is focusing on building cold chain infrastructure across the country, for seamless transfer of perishables from production to consumption areas, through the PMKSY Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana.
- which comprises of component schemes namely
- (i) Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure,
- (ii) Mega Food Park,
- (iii) Creation of Backward & Forward Linkages,
- (iv) Creation/ Expansion of Food Processing and Preservation Capacities
- (v) Agro-Processing Clusters and
- (vi) Operation Greens.
- These schemes aim at arresting post-harvest losses of horticulture and non-horticulture produce by encouraging the creation of cold storages/ primary processing/ and transportation facilities across the country.
Sunday, May 31, 2020