Meghalaya plans to provide tap connection to all rural households by December 2022
- Meghalaya proposed 100% tap connections to all the households by December, 2022. Out of 5.89 lakh total rural households, the State is planning to provide 1.80 lakh tap connections in 2020-21.
- Under JJM, States are given additional funds in form of performance grants based on their performances in terms of outputs achieved i.e. the household tap connections.
- Government of India approved Rs.175 crore for implementation of JJM in 2020-21.
- Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) launched by Central Government last year aims to provide “Functional Household Tap Connection” (FHTC) to every rural household by 2024.
- the Mission aims to enable every rural household has assured availability of potable water at a service level of 55 litres per capita per day (lpcd) on regular and long-term basis