- 69 kM long Petrolium pipeline from Motihari in Bihar to Amlekhgunj in Nepal has been completed.
- It will ensure smooth, cost-effective and environment-friendly supply of petroleum products to Nepal.
- It will also help in tackling the oil storage problem in Nepal and doing away with the transportation of petroleum products through tankers.
- it will reduce huge transportation cost of oil to the land locked country Nepal.
- The total cost of project was 325 Crores. The work has been completed in July’19 and operation to start from Aug’19.
- This project was first proposed in 1996, but work start after Sh Modi visit to Nepal in 2014 and agreement signed for project execution in Aug 2015 with 3o months schedule. Project delayed due to earthquake.
Thursday, August 06, 2020