- Government of India is implementing National Programme for Cattle and Buffalo Breeding.
- The scheme is subsumed under Rashtriya Gokul Mission since December 2014.
- Rashtriya Gokul Mission is being implemented in all the States and Union Territories. Maharashtra is participating under Rashtriya Gokul Mission.
- Under National Programme for Dairy Development (NPDD) scheme, approval has been granted during 2019-2020 for strengthening of 231 Dairy Plants to equip them to detect adulterants in milk (Urea, Maltodextrin, Ammonium Sulphate, Detergent, Sugar, Neutralizers etc).
- FTIR technology-based milk analyser in 139+92 dairy plants.
- The total cost of the project was Rs 271.64 crore and an amount of Rs 128.56 crore has been released to States as first instalment.
Monday, July 13, 2020