- Inaugurated By PM Narendra Modi on 19-Jan-2019 ,Located in Mumbai with Cost 140 Crores
- New Building Sections- Gandhi & Cinema,Children’s Film Studio,Technology creativity and Indian Cinema,Cinema across India
- Gulshan Mahal- Journey of Century of Indian Cinema
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated National Museum of Indian Cinema in Mumbai on 19-Jan-2019.
- It is the state-of-the-art museum built by cost of 140 crores.
- It ‘s aim to take visitors through journey of century of Indian Cinema in story telling mode through visuals, graphics, exhibition and multimedia.
- The creation of museum has been guided by Museum Advisory committee headed by Shyam Benegal. Innovation committee headed by Prasoon Joshi.
The museum housed in two buildings-
1. New Museum Building , 2. Gulshan Mahal
New Museum Building- It has four exhibition hall
- Gandhi & Cinema- It shows movies made on Mahatma Gandhi and impact of his life on Indian cinema.
- Children’s Film Studio- It shows Science, Technology and art behind film making. It offers hands on experience on Camera, light , shooting and experience of acting.
- Technology creativity and Indian Cinema:- It showcases use on Technology in makeover of Indian cinema.
- Cinema across India- It shows cinematographic culture across India.
Gulshan Mahal- It has nine sections
It is a 19th century Historic place in the Film Division campus in Mumbai. It is ASI Grade-II Heritage Structure.
It showcase the journey of over 100 years of Indian Cinema. It is divided into 9 sections The Origin of Cinema, Cinema comes to India, Indian Silent Film, Advent of Sound, The Studio Era, The impact of World War II, Creative Resonance, New Wave & Beyond and Regional Cinema.