Participatory Guarantee System Scheme (PGS-India)
- A decentralized organic farming certification system.
- Implemented by the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation.
- To promote domestic organic market growth.
- To enable Small and Marginal farmers to have easy access to organic certification.
- It is a group certification system including farmers, traders, and consumers, that’s why it is called participatory.
- It is supported by the PKVY scheme.
- The certification is in the form of a documented logo or statement.