- This is the flagship scheme for skill training of youth implemented by the new Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship through the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- PMKVY was launched as a pilot in 2015
- objective to provide skilling to one crore youth under Short Term Training (STT) courses and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) across the country in a four years period
- The scheme was aimed to cover 10 million youth during the period 2016 -2020.
- Under this Scheme, Training and Assessment fees are completely paid by the Government.
- Skill training would be done based on the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) and industry-led standards.
- An allocation of Rs. 12,000 crores has been made for the period 2016 – 2020.
- as on 17.01.2020, 73.47 lakh (appx.) (40.27 lakh STT + 33.20 lakh RPL) candidates have been trained/oriented throughout the country.
Sunday, September 20, 2020