- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana was launched in 2015.
- The ratio of participation of Center- States is 75:25. In case of NE states, it is 90:10.
- It hs been formulated with the vision of extending the coverage of irrigation ‘Har Khet ko pani’ and improving water use efficiency ‘More crop per drop’ .
- PMKSY has been approved with an outlay of Rs. 50,000 crore in five years.
PMKSY has been formulated amalgamating ongoing schemes –
- Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP) of the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation
- Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP) of Department of Land Resources
- On Farm Water Management (OFWM) of Department of Agriculture and Cooperation