Promotion of Herbal Cultivation: Outlay of Rs. 4,000 crore
- The National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) has supported 2.25 lakh hectare area under cultivation of medicinal plants.
- 10,00,000 hectare will be covered under Herbal cultivation in next two years with outlay of Rs. 4,000 crore.
- This will lead to Rs. 5,000 crore income generation for farmers.
- There will be network of regional Mandis for Medicinal Plants.
- NMPB will bring 800-hectare area by developing a corridor of medicinal plants along the banks of Ganga.