RORO Service of SW Railway
- Shri B S Yediyurappa, CM of Karnataka flagged off first-ever RORO service of South Western Railway from Nelamangla (near Bengaluru) to Bale (near Solapur).
- passing through four states – Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Maharashtra.
- A Solapur based firm JRIPL explored the commercial feasibility of RO-RO train services between Solapur and Bengaluru.
- RORO services on Bengaluru – Solapur section shall be the only privately operated RORO train services on Indian Railways.
- The major commodities expected from Bengaluru end are spices, dry fruits, raw coconuts, coffee, nuts, etc. while from Solapur end are agricultural products such as onion, pulses, fruits, etc are likely to be loaded.