Rs 20,000 crore for fisherman through (PMMSY) Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- The Government will launch the PMMSY for integrated, sustainable, inclusive development of marine and inland fisheries.
- Rs 11,000 crore for activities in Marine, Inland fisheries and Aquaculture, and Rs. 9000 crore for Infrastructure – Fishing Harbours, Cold chain, Markets etc shall be provided.
- Cage Culture, Seaweed farming, Ornamental Fisheries as well as New Fishing Vessels, Traceability, Laboratory Network etc. will be key activities.
- There will be provisions of Ban Period Support to fishermen (during the period fishing is not permitted), Personal & Boat Insurance.
- This will lead to Additional Fish Production of 70 lakh tones over 5 years, Employment to over 55 lakh persons and double the exports to Rs 1,00,000 crore.
- The focus will be on Islands, Himalayan States, North-east and Aspirational Districts.