- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurates Swachh Bharat Diwas 2019 and Pays homage to Mahatma Gandhi at Sabarmati Ashram, Unveils Postal Stamp and Silver Coin based on Mahatma Gandhi’s life On 02 OCT 2019.
- Swachh Bharat Puraskar distributed to the winners on this occasion.
- India has provided toilet facilities to more than 60 crore population in 60 months by constructing more than 11 crore toilets.
- Public participation and voluntarism has been the hallmark of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and the reason for its success.
- Collective efforts are essential for the success of important government initiatives like Jal Jeevan Mission and eliminating single use plastic by 2022.
Tuesday, July 07, 2020