A budget allocation of Rs 2.83 lakh crore for the 16 action points
- Rs. 1.60 lakh crore for Agriculture, Irrigation & allied activities.
- Rs. 1.23 lakh crore for Rural development & Panchayati Raj.
Union minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman in her budget speech in Parliament today proposed 16 action points focusing on doubling Farmers income, Horticulture sector, Food storage, Animal Husbandry and Blue economy.
Doubling Farmers Income
- With the aim of doubling farmers income by 2022, Smt. Sitharaman in her budget speech proposed
- to expand PM-KUSUM to 20 lakh farmers for setting up stand-alone solar pumps and help another 15 lakh farmers solarise their grid-connected pump sets.
- One-Product One-District for better marketing and export in the Horticulture sector.
- Balanced use of all kinds of fertilizers – traditional organic and innovative fertilizers.
- Measures for organic, natural, and integrated farming:
- Jaivik Kheti Portal – online national organic products market to be strengthened.
- Zero-Budget Natural Farming (mentioned in July 2019 Budget) to be included.
o Integrated Farming Systems in rain-fed areas to be expanded.
o Multi-tier cropping, bee-keeping, solar pumps, solar energy production in non-cropping season to be added.
Storage and Logistics
- To promote storage infrastructure and reduce wastage of food grains Smt. Sitharaman proposed creation of warehouses through viability gap funding on a PPP mode at block level.
- warehouse building by Food Corporation of India (FCI) and Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) on their land too. village storage scheme to be run by Self Help Groups (SHG).
- Women, SHG’s shall regain their position as Dhaanya Lakshmi” .
- Kisan Rail to be setup by Indian Railways through PPP:
- To build a seamless national cold supply chain for perishables (milk, meat, fish, etc.
- Express and Freight trains to have refrigerated coaches.
- Krishi Udaan to be launched by the Ministry of Civil Aviation:
- Both international and national routes to be covered.
- North-East and tribal districts to realize Improved value of agri-products.
- eliminate Foot and Mouth disease, brucellosis in cattles and peste des petits ruminants (PPR) in sheep and goat by 2025
- increase artificial insemination from 30 percent to 70 percent.
- doubling of milk processing capacity from 53.5 million MT to 108 million MT by 2025.
- Rs. 15 lakh crore target set for the year 2020-21.
- PM-KISAN beneficiaries to be covered under the KCC scheme.
- NABARD Re-finance Scheme to be further expanded.
- Comprehensive measures for 100 water-stressed districts proposed.
- For better marketing and export proposal of supporting states which, adopting a cluster basis will focus on one product one district.
- Rs. 1 lakh crore fisheries’ exports to be achieved by 2024-25.
- 200 lakh tonnes fish production targeted by 2022-23.
- 3477 Sagar Mitras and 500 Fish Farmer Producer Organisations to involve youth in fisheries extension.
- Growing of algae, sea-weed and cage culture to be promoted.
- Framework for development, management and conservation of marine fishery resources.