- Rs. 99,300 crore for education sector and Rs. 3000 crore for skill development in 2020-21.
- National Police University and National Forensic Science University proposed for policing science, forensic science, and cyber-forensics.
- Degree level full-fledged online education program by Top-100 institutions in the National Institutional Ranking Framework.
- Up to 1-year internship to fresh engineers to be provided by Urban Local Bodies.
- Budget proposes to attach a medical college to an existing district hospital in PPP mode.
- Special bridge courses to be designed by the Ministries of Health, and Skill Development:
- To fulfill the demand for teachers, nurses, para-medical staff and care-givers abroad.
- To bring in equivalence in the skill sets of the workforce and employers’ standards.
- 150 higher educational institutions to start apprenticeship embedded degree/diploma courses by March 2021.
- External Commercial Borrowings and FDI to be enabled for education sector.
- Ind-SAT proposed for Asian and African countries as a part of Study in India program.
Saturday, October 31, 2020