Wet bed nursery disadvantages
- Copious water supply is essential. This causes a delay in transplanting.
- Seeds are easily carried away by rainwater if heavy rain occurs shortly after sowing.
- Preparation and care of seedbed and pulling of seedlings are laborious.
- It is difficult to arrest seedling growth.
- Seedlings cannot be kept longer in the nursery as they tend to tiller and produce nodes under favorable conditions.
- It requires more space and this entails a loss of space where crops are standing.
- Seedlings cannot withstand drought.