World’s Largest Solar Tree
- CSIR-CMERI has developed the World’s Largest Solar Tree, which is installed at CSIR-CMERI Residential Colony, Durgapur.
- The installed capacity of the Solar Tree is above 11.5 kWp.
- It has the annual capacity to generate 12,000-14,000 units of Clean and Green Power.
- There are a total of 35 Solar PV Panels in each tree with a capacity of 330 wp each.
- Can be used for Agricultural activities such as High Capacity Pumps, e-Tractors and e-Power Tillers.
- These Solar Trees can be aligned with Agriculture for substituting high price fuels.
- Each Solar Tree has the potential to save 10-12 tons of CO2 emissions being released into the atmosphere.
- Thus making farming an Economic and Energy Sustainable practice.
- the interested MSMEs can align their Business Model with the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthan Mahabhiyan (PM KUSUM) Scheme for farmers, for developing a Renewable Energy based Energy Grid.